EA building whose history has always been rooted in hospitality has once again become an international meeting point: the Hopper St. Antonius premises were built in 1904 by the Kolping brotherhood and were dedicated to holy St. Anthony in 1905.
Until a few years ago the "Antoniushaus”, as it was known, was one of the largest and most modern Kolping houses for wandering journeymen. The life as a journeyman "on the road” became more and more rare in times of technical and social change prompting the Kolping organisation to close Antoniushaus in 1997.
At the end of 1997 the planning started for the extensive conversion and restructuring of the building, which was never fully restored to its original state since the damage it suffered during the war.
Today the original crow-stepped gable can be admired in its full glory and every lattice window has been completely restored with the same care used in preserving monuments.
At different points within the building glimpses of the original structure are also visible. For instance, the “Mettlach slabs” and the restored vaulting in today's restaurant reflect the hospitable charm of the old dining room.